Saturday, June 6, 2009

Time Stand Still


Its been a thought that has been running in circles in my mind....

Time

What does it stand for?

It is one thing for others to realize your getting older,

But it is another when you realize it yourself.

Then what do you do?

I can't begin to express how many times I've been reminiscing about my childhood in the past few weeks.....

Prom was two weeks ago now & all I kept hearing was "she isn't a baby anymore."

Or the famous "she's growing up."

------->> [I'm not going to stay a child forever.]

I understand,
in their eyes they still see me as that little girl that they carried in their arms.
The one they had to watch over and keep up with. Now im soon to turn 19.
Not that young anymore. But it's inevitable we can't stop time.
We can't go back in time and change the past. We can't take back those things we should've never said. But most of all we can't bring back those we've lost.

Is time truly of the essence?

Do we not value it as much as we should?

Do we take advantage of it?

Time "IS" of the essence because I'd give it all to turn back time and have things the way they were.

We "DON'T" value it because we can't see how ineffable it is.

Due to this we "DO" take advantage of it, & think that we can avoid all the questions of time.

Here is my question though:

"Do we avoid them because we are truly afraid of what the answers will be or because we aren't ready to handle what we already know & hide?"
Written By: Donna B. Garcia©

No comments:

Post a Comment